Monday, November 10, 2008

I love Mondays!

Why? Because of the fabulous Monday night programming on TLC. From about 7pm to 930pm I am hooked to this station. This night is so family oriented and fun. I love to watch. Which shows do I watch? Glad you asked.




Little People Big World

I have watched this show from the VERY start. This family is so unique and has so many stories to share. I love their land in Oregon and how Matt, the Dad, is always taking on new projects around the farm.







Jon & Kate +8


I remember watching this show when it first started and hating it. I distinctly remember conferring with my mom about how we didn’t think it would last. We both thought Kate was too harsh with her husband and she yelled a lot. I stopped watching until last year. I randomly watched it after Little People Big World and thoroughly enjoyed it. The kids are so cute! I think that is one of the main reasons that I came back to the show. I put aside my differences about Kate and now I love them. It is so fun and I love watching the family’s adventures to new places. Places that I will probably never go (except the recent episode about San Diego. I have gone to San Diego many times-I even lived there!).


I think my initial distaste for Kate came from the fact that we are SO much ALIKE! Both of us are Type A perfectionist personalities. We are both nurses, very organized, have short tempers, and have a strong faith. I think that if I were to have 8 kids I would totally act the way she does. Now I adore Jon, Kate, and all of their kids. I am glad that they choose to document their life in this way.



17 Kids and Counting

I have always been fascinated by the Duggar Family. I mean, so many kids who are well behaved, polite, and helpful around the house. They are so very inspirational in many ways. Who else would build their own house, and allow the kids to help increasing their knowledge about so many things. I think their family is great, and they are teaching their children powerful philosophies of life, which works well with so many children.





Well, I am off to finish my homework so I can enjoy this wholesome programming! (Jon and Kate are getting remarried tonight in Hawaii!)


P.S. If you love Jon & Kate +8 like I do, then go out and buy their book! Yes, they have a book! I found my copy at the fabulous Costco.


-Krystal


Currently Listening to: Never Alone, Lady Antebellum

Currently Reading: Assessment Technology Institute, Fundamentals for Nursing, Review Module

No comments: