Tuesday, November 18, 2008

IV starts

I got to FINALLY practice my IV starts today! I was so excited! I got my very first one in and then another one after that! The next two didn't go so well, but I was happy just getting to do them. It just takes practice, and I hope that I get more practice in the workforce if someone would HIRE ME! That can get really depressing-not getting hired. It seems like everyone in my class has a job except me. What's even more aggravating is that I was the one who started applying way back in September when no one else was even thinking of a job. Very frustrating. I just don't get it anymore. I guess I can look on the bright side that I will have more time with my family and studying for boards. I think not having a job will also allow me the much needed rest that is deserved after surviving nursing school. Our teacher was cautioning us yesterday about the dangers of a quick burnout when new nurses start working right away. This is because we don't realize how extremely tired we are.

Well, I am going to go to bed now. I had a long 12 hour shift today and I am having muscle spams in my trapezius and rhomboid major muscles. Time to rest.

No comments: