Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight Review

I loved this moment in the movie.


I absolutely loved Twilight. It was amazing. I think Catherine Hardwicke did a great job of encompassing the heart and soul of the book. The movie, of course, did not compare to the book at all. I don't think any movie adapted from a book is equal to or better than the book (except maybe Cold Mountain which was Brilliant!). The original is ALWAYS better.

I do believe that it was worth all the hype that was placed on the movie. I just can't believe that it made 35 million on Friday with 7 million of that coming from midnight showings. That is truly astounding. The early figure for opening weekend is 70 million! Wow! All that for a movie that cost only 37 million to make. I think that the rest of the movies will be infinitely better because they will increase the budget.

There were only two issues that I had with the movie. The first had nothing to do with the actual movie, but with the movie theater. They started off about 10 minutes late, with the audience looking at a blank screen. I don't think I would have minded or noticed if there had been the usual mindless commercials showing. To top it off the sound was completely off-kind of warped. I know that people went and complained because about half way through it got a touch better. This fault though, kind of ruined the movie. Although, it makes me want to see it again.

The second issue was with the movie and some awkward moments and transitions. One example was when Bella was in the hospital babbling away (I agree with other reviewers and found that annoying) then all the sudden we are seeing her go to prom. Uhh? What the heck happened? I was thinking..."Did I miss something?"

Other than those two things I was pretty happy with how it came out. I definitely think that everyone should read the book because Stephenie Meyer has a fabulous way of conveying the relationship between Bella and Edward. I have read it twice since I got it back in July. I know that I will re-read all of them eventually.

-Krystal

No comments: